What are your expectations?
What are your skills?
What is your experience?
This can also be discussed at IRC (#debian-academy at OFTC)
To sign the package for upload you need a gpg-key with 4096 bit and signed from minimum one Debian Developer.
Extracting the shell script from the book
apt install noweb git
- Clone the repository from salsa.debian.org
Execute the script ./create-buildscript.sh
- You get the program scripts which can guide you through the packaging process.
- You configure your system to have the prerequisites at defined locations
- Install all dependencies needed to run this program script
apt install git-buildpackage build-essential less pbuilder pristine-tar sudo unzip cowbuilder cowdancer debmake quilt locate jq lintian devscriptsYou want to build your first package?
- What is the name of it?
- Where is the source code repository?
- We look at the source code to get information how it can be built.
Starting the script the first time:
- Creating the configuration file
- Download the source code
- Creating the files in debian/
- Patching if necessary
- Building the first time
Debugging to get a proper and working package
Uploading (to New Queue?)